IRAQ DINAR BASICS ™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinging? Rumor by OKIE GEM/FREEWAY BILL Response ON ANOTHER SITE

Go down

Pinging? Rumor by OKIE GEM/FREEWAY BILL Response ON ANOTHER SITE Empty Pinging? Rumor by OKIE GEM/FREEWAY BILL Response ON ANOTHER SITE

Post by Rooster Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:17 am

Pinging? Rumor by OKIE GEM/FREEWAY BILL Response ON ANOTHER SITE

Hey group, please take this as rumor.

Got a call from a fellow Dinartarian today. Seems he was checking the ForEx today (Wednesday 6/15/2011) at 0710 Eastern Time Zone and about had a heart attack. He said the rate showed up at 1 IQD = 10.20 USD.

Now I was not there, but after he picked himself off the floor and did some puffing into a brown paper bag (he is a nervous sort and I warned him before he got in this ride a few months ago) he decided to double check.

He said the IQD was then off the screen and a few minutes later came back on at its normal low self compared to the USD.

My questions are 1) What would this possibly mean, and, 2) Has anyone else ran into this?

Thanks a bunch,

Okie_GEM

FREEWAY BILL: I am not a rate guy. However, the statement that Shabibi would like this to come out much higher than we expect is absolutely true. He made statements in a meeting with the UN that Iraq could support 10-12-14 dollars. The UN does not want it that high because of the imbalance it would cause with neighboring countries and the trade imbalance it would cause.

The "pinging" you described happens. When they are testing the system to see if the rates will go through. But the numbers on the test pings could be anything and means nothing. The pinging, from what I understand happens between the BIS and the Banks and would not show up on the internet site.

Also, there has been talk that Shabibi might come out with an inflated rate for a short time to entice people to cash in their higher denominations and that, to me would make some sense if they want to get them out of circulation.

Keep in mind that the actual cost of this RV to Iraq itself will be minimal as they will be paying this money in oil priced at $ 32 per barrel which is over $ 30 more than it cost them.

No out of pocket money will be paid by Iraq. So, the higher they make the rate, the better for them. Either way, they will emerge as the richest country in the world.

GOD BLESS THE USA

Rooster
Rooster

Back to top Go down