IRAQ DINAR BASICS ™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaino on Soldier cashing in ... TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE

Go down

Blaino on Soldier cashing in ...  TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE Empty Blaino on Soldier cashing in ... TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE

Post by Rooster Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 am

Blaino on Soldier cashing in ...

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE

Blaino @2am June 7 2011
« on: Today at 01:20:35 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Blaino] OK, I was asked about some of the other stories. I followed a story of a soldier back to his cousins Fiancee. He cashed in in Iraq on Saturday Morning... $5.25 the "in country" rate for amounts to be retained there(on his military card) and $8.40 for amounts wired home to American Banks. I have no idea what fees, if any applied. The Disbursement Officer told him "on the $ wired home (remember, this was Saturday morning there) you may not have the use of it (it's a pending deposit) until Monday or Tuesday since the IQD has not gone international yet and won't till then..." (Monday) I also heard from a known reliable contact that his parents went into a major banking chain branch after hearing they could exchange for $4.30/IQD (I don't know why the different number, so don't ask, but it was confirmed) and they saw the dinar on the screen for the $4.30 rate with all the other foreign currencies that bank handles (so, NOT a "back screen") but the transaction would not lock in. A call was made to the home office, etc, etc and the people were asked to return on Tuesday for exchange. The problem is thought to be the different rate, maybe an IT thing.... However, I would go there tomorrow (VERY LONG drive for the Blaino-mobile) and trade a handful... OK 2 handfulls of Dinar at that rate!
Rooster
Rooster

Back to top Go down