IRAQ DINAR BASICS ™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meds chat 5/23 early am

2 posters

Go down

Meds chat 5/23 early am Empty Meds chat 5/23 early am

Post by Shirley Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Meds chat 5/23 early am

Med says to (03:22:02):
I SEE THAT THE MINISTRY OF TRADE FOR IRAQ
Med says to (03:22:19):
HAS SUBMITTED THEY BE ACCEPTED AS PERMANENT MEMBERS OF THE WTO TODAY
Med says to (03:22:35):
THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS
Med says to (03:23:22):
THE RV IS NOT A MAYBE
angel42b says (03:23:17):
yes I read one yesterday that they were working on it
Med says to (03:23:31):
JUST A MATTER WHEN
Med says to (03:23:36):
YES I SAW THAT ONE
Med says to (03:23:47):
THIS IS A NEW ONE
Med says to (03:23:51):
THAT JUST CAME OUT
angel42b says (03:23:52):
they cant be in the WTO without a tradable currency right?
Med says to (03:24:20):
THEY NEED A CURRENCY TO SUPPORT TRANSACTIONS
Med says to (03:24:34):
NOW IN THE WTO
Med says to (03:24:43):
IN ORDER TO FACILITATE TRADE
Med says to (03:25:04):
THOSE COUNTRIES NEED TO BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THAT COUNTRIES CURRENCY PAYMENT
Med says to (03:25:10):
WHICH NOONE WILL
Med says to (03:25:11):
OR CAN
Med says to (03:25:21):
AT LEAST NOT OF THE G20
angel42b says (03:25:42):
and it cant be usd right ?
Med says to (03:26:45):
NO IT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE
Med says to (03:26:49):
ACCORDING TO THE IMF
angel42b says (03:27:06):
right they said just one currency
Med says to (03:27:23):
YES
angel42b says (03:27:35):
well it may be baby steps but at least they are stepping lol
Med says to (03:27:50):
YES
Med says to (03:28:01):
AND THAT IS HOW I ALWAYS LOOKED AT IT HERE
angel42b says (03:28:13):
yep we have too
Med says to (03:29:18):
ONLY WAY TO KEEP YOUR SANITY
angel42b says (03:30:39):
I was reading a new artic. sounds good
Med says to (03:30:56):
YES IT DOES
angel42b says (03:30:56):
heres a part I will post all of it
angel42b says (03:31:02):
political blocs announced on Monday morning an initial agreement has been finally reached between the National Alliance coalition and the Iraqiya slate to name security ministers..
Med says to (03:31:16):
OK
Med says to (03:31:28):
OK GREAT HON
Med says to (03:31:31):
GOOD JOB
angel42b says (03:34:14):
there it is..short but sweet
angel42b says (03:34:30):
I bet more comes out later on this
angel42b says (03:35:33):
brb Im gona check a couple other news sites to see if they have anything on this yet
Med says to (03:36:48):
yes
Med says to (03:36:54):
VERY GOOD NEWS ANGEL
Med says to (03:37:03):
I JUST READ IT AND COMMENTED
angel42b says (03:37:28):
ok I just looked there isnt anything else yet
angel42b says (03:38:12):
I got a good feeling about this
angel42b says (03:38:35):
they know its time to get it done lol
Med says to (03:40:30):
I HAVE TWO THINGS TO LOOK UP
Med says to (03:40:32):
BBIAB

Shirley
Shirley

Back to top Go down

Meds chat 5/23 early am Empty Re: Meds chat 5/23 early am

Post by ToddS Mon May 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Med says to (03:22:02):
I SEE THAT THE MINISTRY OF TRADE FOR IRAQ
Med says to (03:22:19):
HAS SUBMITTED THEY BE ACCEPTED AS PERMANENT MEMBERS OF THE WTO TODAY
Med says to (03:22:35):
THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS

WTO: 2007 NEWS ITEMS

25 May 2007

ACCESSIONS

WTO starts negotiations with Iraq for membership

For the first time since Iraq's application in 2004, the Working Party met to discuss and examine Iraq's trade legislation and its conformity to WTO principles

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is NOTHING on the WTO website that indicates Iraq is on the verge of ascension to full membership status. Iraq is an "Observer government" follow the link below to view the member governments/observer governments.

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ToddS
ToddS
Admin
Admin

https://iraqdinarbasics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ToddS Mon May 23, 2011 7:30 pm

One of the articles MED is referring to is from February 25, 2011..... yet posted on his site with today's date......

Iraqi trade requests from the United States to support Iraq to join the World Trade

The second posted by med himself........

Trade is seeking to gain permanent membership in the WTO

Published on 05-23-2011 03:28 PM
Comments Comments
Erbil / Iraqi future
Trade Minister said on Sunday that the ministry is about to begin talks with the World Trade Organization to gain permanent membership in it.

Said Khairallah Hassan said, "The Commerce Department is about to begin talks with the World Trade Organization to gain permanent membership of the",

Erbil / Iraqi future
Trade Minister said on Sunday that the ministry is about to begin talks with the World Trade Organization to gain permanent membership in it. Said Khairallah Hassan said, "The Commerce Department is about to begin talks with the World Trade Organization to gain permanent membership in," noting that "the World Morocco appointed a representative for such talks with Iraq."

Hassan added that "the WTO 152 members always", pointing out that "Iraq is at present Honorary Member of the Organization so at his handling of trade with Member States to the Organization will be dealt with as one of the traders and not as a country with trade concessions," noting that "Neil Membership in the Organization would give Iraq the right to deal with members of the owners of the 152 strong economies on the basis of a unified, which is in the best interest of Baghdad in economic, commercial, agricultural and health. "

He said that "the talks could take a long time, but it is important to get Iraq's permanent membership to the WTO in the end", stressing that "Iraq has called several Member States of the Organization to support him in his demand."

And on the reasons that have prevented Neil Iraq for permanent membership in the organization so far clearer and Minister of Commerce that "the reasons are many and most notably the lack of Iraq's possession of a free market and government control in the past on the market in addition to the fact that business transactions with the countries of the world in the past were not on according to the principles the World."

ToddS
ToddS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ToddS Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Iraq submitted their application to the WTO in 2004..... don't take my word for it follow the link to the WTO website and read the history and progress for yourself..... and for you guests that cannot see the links I provided just "Google" WTO and look around......
ToddS
ToddS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ToddS Mon May 23, 2011 7:39 pm

BondLady discusses WTO article 5/23/11

Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Erbil, May 22 (AKnews) – Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Kheirullah Hasan told AKnews that the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while running and will resume in Morocco soon.
Iraq is currently an honorary member in the WTO, which has 152 permanent members. At present the members treat Iraq solely as a business partner. If the country is granted permanent membership, it can interact with members in the four main fields of health, agriculture, trade and economy.
The minister said that no specific timescale has been laid out for the conclusion of the talks.
The WTO only allows countries who have opened up their economies through free-market reforms to become full members. Iraq has started to implement these kinds of changes, following decades of moving towards more a more state-centric economic model.
By Fryad Mohammed
LH/PS

...... see i wanted to show this again even tho it came out yesterday...no 1 has said very much about it, imo this is a huge and telling piece....quote..Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Kheirullah Hasan told AKnews that the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while running and will resume in Morocco soon.
......see before we were seeing wto articles all the time then for weeks now..nothing....when it said this..the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while.......see we know that the wto told iraq to build up its private sector, they praised them for there tarrifs, which havent been implemented yet, maybe a small amount but nothing at all like it should be, the wto helps import things at a lot cheaper value than what iraq has been paying for these products the wto also advises and has many high ups that help and advise world economys especially emerging economys such as iraq...the tarrifs is a must for this as these taxes will tax the imports comming into iraq and will suport the government thru its economy. iraq needs a new rate on there currency before they can inforce these taxes, the people couldnt pay taxes right now at the rate of 1170 millons of people are barely surviving now, tax them with out a new rate and u would see 30 millon people melt down imo. so when we see the wto is and has been working behind closed doors to bring iraq into the organization as a full member we know the new rate is comming.. and when we see that iraq has been accepted 1 of the huge reasons will be because the tarriff taxes have been emplimented and to do this we know there had to be a rv..also to join the wto imo your currency needs to be a heck of a lot better than 1170 to 1 usd...so be on the look out for iraq to be brought in as a full member to the wto because this will also signal imo a rv happened or will happen close to the same time of the announcement...all imo ..drops the mic and walks off...BondLad
y

ToddS picks up the mic and walks on the stage: Very Happy

I am sorry but Iraq has been negotiating since 2004 to become a member of the WTO, and yes there is a tremendous difference between Iraq 2004 and Iraq 2011, but they are not even included on the WTO's 2011 calendar for consideration this year.......... 2012 and beyond is a different can of worms....... again go to the WTO's website and read what is required....find Iraq's status.....you can even look at the paper work Iraq is required to file for ascension it is all there in black and white........ Iraq will not become a member of the WTO anytime soon.

ToddS

Status of accession working party Iraq:

1. Application Received 30 September 2004

2. Working Party Established
Chairperson:
H.E. Mr. Omar Hilale
(Morocco, May 2009 - )
H.E. Mrs. Claudia Uribe
(Colombia, Dec 2006 — May 2009)
13 December 2004

3. Memorandum 16 September 2005

4. Questions and Replies 28 November 2006

5. Meetings of the Working Party 25 May 2007 / 2 April 2008

6. Recently submitted documentation

(a) Additional Questions & Replies
8 February 2008

(b) Information on agriculture (WT/ACC/4)
8 December 2008
(c) Information on services (WT/ACC/5)

(d) SPS/TBT checklists (WT/ACC/8 )
8 February 2008

(e) TRIPS checklist (WT/ACC/9)
8 February 2008

(f) Legislative Action Plan
8 February 2008

7. Market Access Negotiations Goods Offer

(a) initial
(b) latest

Services Offer

(a) initial
(b) latest

8. Factual Summary

9. Draft Working Party Report

If you can't find the information I am talking about log in to this site and follow the links.....
ToddS
ToddS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ToddS Mon May 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Here is an entire book with tests that Iraq must pass posted in this forum in Iraq DInar Basics ™ by American Beauty on March 28th 2011, so THIS forum has been talking about this:

UNDERSTANDING THE WTO: THE ORGANIZATION & Accession Process

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ToddS
ToddS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down